Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Windy City



Working in the housewares industry for most of my career, I have attended the International Home and Housewares Show in Chicago for most years since I graduated from college.  It's a lot of work, but always really fun to show off the new products that oftentimes I have had the pleasure of working on.  This year, Le Creuset is launching a new blue called MARSEILLE.  Since color development is part of my job description, I'm always really proud when a new color comes to fruition (it has taken longer to get this color to market than to bring Baby M in to the world), and I must say, I think this is one of our best yet!  Here's a preview:


This trip was my last work trip, and since I was a bit reluctant due to my inability to make myself slow down (the trade show is always exhausting, and I really only have one speed), my caveat was that Juan Pablo come with me.  It was perfect because he's never been to Chicago and his best friend, Gary, the best man in our wedding, happens to live there with his wife, Macy, and their two adorable kiddos.  So off we went to Chicago.  I worked the whole time, but he did get to visit a few choice spots, and we also got to have a few nice dinners out, and snapped some photos.


Macy, Gary, Juan Pablo, and me at the Publican


A rare photo of the two of us - it's a little blurry


Just a funny picture - :)


And the obligatory bump photo - man, he or she is getting big!

31 weeks!!

As I stepped off the plane in Charleston, I have to say it was a little bittersweet, as I don't know when I'll be getting on an airplane again, and when I do, it will either be toting a baby, or no doubt tearing myself away from my sweet little boy or girl. (at least we hope he or she is sweet)  I've been so fortunate to have so many travels, and go so many great places, but I guess a new adventure is just beginning.....and I have a feeling it will be the best one yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment