Juan Pablo's mother, Abuelita Mayte, was one of our first special visitors in Charleston, after Baby M....oh wait, I guess he finally had a name by then...Everett was born. It was really exciting for both of us to get to introduce him to her at just 10 days old, and I was also very grateful for all the help she gave us. I learned very quickly in those first few days that you have to accept help...even super-mothers (aka my best friend Elizabeth Tiernan Wilson, who has twins) accept lots of help!
I know it meant a lot for Juan Pablo to finally get to share his baby boy with his mom. I see the love that Mayte has for her one and only boy and it foreshadows for me the pride and joy that will no doubt grow and grow in me toward my own baby boy. They say there is something a boy and his mama, right?
Side note: I'd say I managed to marry in to some good genes...if you are wondering how we ended up with such a beautiful baby (not biased, of course). What a handsome trio!
And we even managed a family photo below!!
No comments:
Post a Comment