Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Meaning Of It All

How does one fit the story of the single most profound experience of one's life in to a blog post?  The answer is: one cannot.  Welcoming our beautiful little boy in to the world on May 17, 2012 was by far the hardest, most exhausting, most painful, most amazing, most beautiful, most rewarding, most memorable (I won't go on) experience of my life. 

People tell you that having a baby is so special, and I thought I understood what that meant.  But until they placed a little baby in my arms, who I had watched grow in my belly for 9 months, I didn't really understand.  Now I know why my friends with children were so excited for us.  Now I know why people say children are a gift from God (when I always thought they were 1 part gift and 1 part pain in the rear!).  Now I understand what true unconditional love is.  Now I understand why my mom worried about me so much when I started driving...why she always asked (still asks) me to call home after every trip.  Now I understand why Mayte and my mom cried so hard on our wedding day...

Because the profound love and protectiveness you feel for a child that you brought in to this world is the deepest and truest love there is.  And it cannot be understood until it happens to you.   I love our little man more than I could ever write in this post.  Now I understand why I am on this earth.  Welcome to the world, sweet little boy!! (I'll post more on his birth later!)


I love this picture!  This is the first moment that I got to hold my little man - what joy.

Everett Cruz Mancia
May 17, 2012 - 6:10pm
7 lbs 2 oz
20.75 in
Perfect

1 comment: