Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Nesting

I don't really believe in a lot of the old wives tales people talk about with regard to pregnancy.  It's fun to read about them, but most of the time, they seem pretty far-fetched.  But one concept I do believe in now is nesting!  According to a website I found, "the nesting instinct is the name given to the distinctive urge to clean, tidy, and organize that occurs during pregnancy".  Now of course everyone is going to feel the need to set up a nursery and tidy up for baby...but I'm talking about what happened to me during weeks 37 and 38.  First, we made multiple trips to multiple grocery stores, where we shopped for food as if we'd never get to leave the house again!  Remember that old show Supermarket Sweep?  It was sort of like that, minus the competitors and 80's clothing.



Next, I proceeded to cook anything and everything that I had thought about making in the past 9 months.  On Friday night, at 38 weeks, here's what I made...

First, meat loaf - I do the classic recipe with oats, but I add farro for some crunch.


Second, quinoa "mac and cheese" which is a recipe from pinterest. (I also added some farro and changed up the cheese to what I happened to have in the fridge)  YUM!  And here's the recipe:

Quinoa Mac and Cheese


Last, I made a quinoa salad.  I was trying to re-create a recipe from one of our favorite sandwich shops in Mt Pleasant.  It turned out well!


And then the following Monday, I also decided to cook a whole chicken...

Add this to multiple trips we have made to various stores, and I think we are pretty ready (and well-fed) for this baby to come!!

And we even topped it off with going on what could be our last date without a babysitter on Saturday April 28th!!  Here's a pic from that night.


38 weeks!!

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget about the homemade granola bars!! Mmm mmm. They were good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know where you got the pic of the Supermarket Sweep, but very funny! Loved reading all about everything, (even though I knew most of it, STILL fun reading every word)! Love you.

    ReplyDelete