Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Our New Furry Baby!

In June of 2011, Juan Pablo graduated from UNC business school (yeah, I managed to marry a tar heel afterall!!) in the top 5 in his class, I may add. :)
So, after 3 long years of business school while working full time (in fact, I started the week after I met Juan Pablo!!), we were SO ready to enjoy a life no longer ruled by schoolwork! However, apparently that was too simple for us, because that literally lasted 1 whole week. I had been searching http://www.petfinder.com for months, looking at all the adorable puppies just dying for a forever home. (I'm a huge fan of adopting from rescues, since so many furry babies need homes! Juan Pablo had been intrigured by english pointers, and so when I found a listing for a litter in Durham (the foster mom had rescued a purebread pointer from a gassing shelter, only to have her give birth to 7 tiny solid black pointer puppies) AND we happened to be going to a wedding in Durham that next weekend, I had the bright idea that we should "just go look".
Um...well...you see where that got us - and there you have it, our first family photo. We fell in love with the little "white nosed puppy" as his foster mom called him. And the next day, we were driving back to Charleston with a puppy, who we very quickly named Trigger! (or Triggy, Triggs, Trigglet, El Trigorio, Un-Triggy-bop...and the list goes on)
We didn't really think through the fact that I was leaving the next day for a business trip to San Francisco, and Juan Pablo was staying in his corporate apartment in Charlotte...but since I have the most awesome big sister in the world...she agreed to watch the little guy during the day for that week. I cannot believe she agreed to watch a 7 week old puppy, but she did, and I am still grateful! Needless to say, we fell in love fast, and here are a few of his antics during the first weeks...
I love my new dad! I can sit just like him!
I even like to sleep on his foot!
I think Trigger could get used to this downtown Charleston living.
Too bad we moved to Mt Pleasant a week after we got Trigger (yes, we moved....again), but at least he helped by keeping the trash bags warm!
There were probably a good 4-6 weeks where we both really thought we had made a huge mistake by getting a puppy. Where did our nice relaxing new book-less life go? It had been replaced by a whiny puppy who defied us and peed in the house. However, eventually we got past that, and we love our little furry baby more every day! I mean, come on...look at that face??

No comments:

Post a Comment