Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Honeymoon in Mexico


Thought I'd start out by going back in time to November 2010, with a few pictures of our most amazing honeymoon. We got married on October 30, 2010. And in our true style, Juan Pablo was in the middle of final exams for his MBA. Not to mention, he had to be in Mexico City one week after our wedding. So to keep things simple (ha!), we took our honeymoon just outside of Puerto Vallarta. What we thought would just be a short "mini-moon" turned out to be one of the most amazing weeks of our lives!
After a cab ride from the airport to a small fishing village, we took a boat ride to Verana - this amazing little place is in the town of Yelapa, which you cannot access by car. So after a 20 minute hike up our casita, as our luggage was carried up by mules, we arrived at our pelapa. It had no walls, which might sound weird to many, but Verana has been strategically built so that we felt we had the whole place to ourselves! It was rustic luxury at its finest!
We took an early morning fishing trip. (we caught no fish)
Hiked to a waterfall. (which I finally jumped into after much coaxing)
Saw a blue-footed boobie. (mark that off the bucket list)
Got scratched by a street dog. (have the new husband to thank for that)
Had a moonlight bath.
And even made some new friends, that I stay in touch with on facebook.
After waking up to this (yes, the pic to the right was truly our view waking up) every day, it was really hard to leave. Granted, it was hardest that I had to travel back to the US without my new husband...the customs agent was quite amused that my "reason for travel" was my honeymoon, yet I didn't come home with a man...I guess he figured it didnt work out. :)

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! Your writing is witty and fun. I can't wait until you start writing about the antics of Trigger when he arrives in the "Chronicles!" Love you. Mom (Dawn)

    ReplyDelete