Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Breaking The News (to part of the family)

Ok, this one is a little texty - sorry!  I'm very realistic about the risks during the first trimester (and even after that) of pregnancy, so I always knew I'd wait a long time to share the news with friends and family.  Plus, both my sister and I were in our 30s and unmarried until last year, so my parents have been waiting a LONG time for grand-kids.  I just couldn't bear to get their hopes up, if something were to not work out.  However, my parents had been planning a visit to Charleston the first weekend in October, and although I managed to keep the secret for 4 weeks (which is crazy - I tell my mom everything!), I knew I could never do it face to face.  I hadn't even been to the doctor yet, but everything seemed good...so....we devised a plan.  My friends, Heather and Sean husband/wife team of Sean Busher Photography http://www.seanbusher.com/ did the photography for our wedding, and Heather had just finished the album (yeah, and it was amazing).  We decided to give the parent album to my parents that weekend...and we added a few extra pages at the end.  Check out the video:


Now I must explain the "you were drinking a beer part"!!  My parents seemed to be taking their sweet time to get to Charleston that weekend, and I was really nervous to break the news, so I kept badgering them to hurry down.  I guess my mom suspected something might be up (go figure) and I guess I suspected she might suspect something was up (yeah, seriously) so I had Juan Pablo crack open a beer for himself, my dad, and also me when they arrived...which of course I fake drank.  Apparently my parents are gullible, because the beer completely threw my parents off. They were so surprised!  Then, we of course had to call my sister (after trying to get her on the phone for 2 days) and let her know, and my mom's parents (GramaHope and Grandad)...because there was no way my mom could keep the secret from either of them.  I am SO glad we told my grandparents that day, which I'll explain later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment